Why have a water softener installed?
- A water softener can provide real savings in relation the service and maintenance costs of water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines and showers and also extends their life.
- Just 1.6mm (1/16”) of scale build-up in heating systems can cause a 12% loss in heating efficiency, so your running costs may be reduced.
- You need far less washing powder, shampoo, shower gel and soap, up to 50% less.
- Some people find that dry skin conditions like eczema are helped by having a water softener installed.
- According to some independent studies, soft water actually save time in cleaning.
- In time you may even find that existing scale deposits from your hard water are lessened when a water softener is installed.
- You will also find that your hair is softer and easier to manage. Your laundry and dishes are brighter and have more sparkle.
If you really want to know whether it’s a worthwhile investment, think about this, water softeners are installed in nearly all commercial laundries, kitchens and car washes in hard water areas. Would they do that if there were not cost savings to be made?
To get a water softener installed in Phoenix call now 602-462-5300
Water Softener Benefits
Water picks up and dissolves minerals as it flows over rocks and soil on its way to the Phoenix public water system, and it’s these trace elements that make water “hard.” Hard water leaves mineral deposits on everything that it touches, from the clothes and dishes that you use every day to your skin and hair. The minerals prevent household detergents and soap from working properly as well. If your skin feels itchy after a shower or freshly laundered clothes feel stiff or scratchy, chances are that the water in your Phoenix home is hard.
Is Your Water Hard?
Water hardness is measured by calculating the number of mineral grains present in a gallon of water. Soft water contains less than 3.5 grains per gallon. It’s not usual for homes with hard water to have as many as 10.5 grains per gallon. Water softeners are engineered to filter out minerals using a process called ion exchange, which replaces substances like calcium and magnesium with sodium. A simple water analysis test can determine the degree of the water’s hardness.
Water Softeners Save You Money
Over time, minerals in hard water can cause scale to build up inside plumbing pipes and fixtures, restricting the flow of water. The minerals also accumulate inside household appliances like dishwashers and washing machines, which can lead to costly repairs and premature replacements. Water softeners help protect your appliances and plumbing system to ensure that you get the most service from your investment.
The Multiple Benefits of Soft Water
Because hard water interferes with everyday detergents, it makes it more difficult to get things clean and sanitary. Water softeners allow laundry soap, dishwashing detergent and personal toiletries to clean more effectively, helping to protect your family from harmful bacteria. In addition to health benefits, other advantages to using a water conditioning system include:
- Softer Skin and Shinier Hair. Hard water can make your hair look dull and lifeless and leave your skin feeling dry and itchy. Most people notice an immediate difference after a water softener installation.
- Softer, Cleaner Clothes and Bedding. Minerals deposits can make clothes and bedding appear as if they’re not quite clean. Water softeners eliminate the stubborn film that hard water leaves on fabrics.
- Time-Saving Benefits. It takes longer to get everything clean with hard water. With a soft water conditioning system, you’ll save time on cleaning, laundry and grooming tasks.
By eliminating the mineral build up that would otherwise accumulate on in your faucets, pipes and appliances, water softening systems save you money and help keep everything in your Phoenix home looking fresh and clean as well.